When camping, looking for firewood to make a campfire is almost a must. Finding the wood can be easy, but splitting it can be a significant problem.
Especially when you don’t have the right tools, you may eventually last hours and never do it correctly.
One of the hardest ways to split firewood is by using a robust tool like a chainsaw. If you are struggling to make some firewood because you don’t have an axe, well you can do it with a chainsaw but you may not find the right way to do it or you really know nothing about how to split firewood with a chainsaw.
Luckily for you, we know exactly how! So come further and learn the steps you can follow to do it very quickly!
Remember, in any activity; you want to do, you need to take into account your security. You could end up with finger-less, or damage an eye without the proper equipment. For that, we have the solution:
- It is highly recommended to use the protective pants to protect your legs from any unwanted accidents.
- It is recommended to use sturdy gloves to protect your hands.
- Use a pair of glasses to protect your eyes from waste or flying fagots.
- Use some earmuffs to decrease the sound while splitting.
- Take a look at the chainsaw before you start splitting the firewood. Make sure it is stable and ready to use.
- Split in an open-air area to avoid an accident. During the splitting, debris can jump to the sides and possibly harm property.
- Keep your hands off the chainsaw.
How to Split Firewood with a Chainsaw
Easy and Effective Guide
Splitting the wood is not as easy as it seems. But it is not as hard as you may think either. Following the right steps, you can split wood very quickly. Here’s how you should do it:
- If you know nothing about how to cut firewood with a chainsaw, read a user manual before starting. OR else, avoid doing it.
- Try to use the suitable chainsaw depending on the size of the wood.
- Use a rope to lock the firewood, because there is a possibility that the firewood jumps due to the friction.
- Make a center mark on the wood piece before starting so you can know exactly where to cut.
- Then mark in the same direction of the wood to cut same pieces.
- Start splitting with the chainsaw spinning to get a clean cut or moving from the wood.
- Hold the chainsaw with both hands firmly.
- Keep your legs and feet off the cutting way of the chainsaw.
- Keep your back straight. Do not bend your back because of injuries. And it is a chainsaw; you cannot drop it.
- Do not change your position with the chain on or spinning, even in short distances.
Splitting Wood with a Chainsaw Is Not Hard Work
If you are not sure on how to cut firewood with a chainsaw, then you don’t have to worry about. Unless you are unfamiliar with the operations of a chainsaw, you won’t have a problem doing it at all.
Of course, it is essential to follow the rules and make sure you take the right safety measures, or else you may end up damaging yourself. But as we know you won’t do it the wrong way, we want you to start trying it now. And also you should have the right type of chainsaw machine.
Don’t waste more of your time and start splitting wood with a chainsaw – it is effortless and straightforward. You won’t regret it!